Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Oral History and Franco Tradition

This from Lisa Desjardin at the Franco American Center of the University of Maine

Our project consists of digitizing the Oral Histories that have already been captured and to continue to gather more.  Also making them available to be viewed by all Francos wherever they may be via the Internet.  Our website which is currently under construction will house all this.  Check it out for a sneak peek, http://www.francoamericanarchives.org  

These are interesting memories and give pause for thought.  My grandparents were quite old when I knew them.....and I did not ask the questions I would now as a person trying recreate history.   If you have older family members who can impart family history I suggest you capture it as soon as possible.  Create your own archive. It will lead you to interesting places, people and events that have shaped your family

No comments: